Head, Olefins & Derivatives Business
PETRONAS is seeking a qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Head, Olefins b Derivatives Business.
PETRONAS Chemicals Group Berhad (PCG) is the leading integrated chemicals producer in Malaysia and one of the largest in South East Asia. It operates a number of world-class production sites, which are fully vertically integrated from feedstock to downstream end-products.
With a total combined production capacity of over 10 million metric tons per year, it is involved primarily in manufacturing, marketing and selling a diversified range of chemical products, including olefins, polymers, fertilisers, methanol and other basic chemicals and derivative products. Listed on Bursa Malaysia and with nearly three decades of experience in the chemicals industry, PCG is established as part of PETRONAS Group to maximise value from Malaysia’s natural gas resources. Further details on PCG can be found at
Head, Olefins Er Derivatives (O&D) Business is responsible to provide business leadership, strategies, direction and control to overall operation of the O&D Business; to ensure realisation of optimum growth and maximum profit, company sustainability and growth, in line with the short-term, medium-term and long-term goals of PCG.
The job scope includes leading strategic business conversations and integration between the Commercial and Manufacturing Divisions, providing stewardship in driving value creation through dynamic marketing strategies and optimum plant utilisation. Head, O&D Business shall drive the expansion of business portfolios and projects, and focus on development of innovative customer solutions.
– Relevant experience in a related technical or commercial field, with broad and in-depth knowledge of the petrochemical business, especially in the area of olefins, derivatives and specialty chemicals A global business network in the industry
– Business knowledge of the oil and gas industry
– Advanced facilitation skills to guide and direct discussions and gain agreement among a variety of business constituencies including Board members
– Good familiarity with strategy, governance, compliance and performance dynamics
– At least 20 years work experience in the industry.
Please submit your application to the Head, Talent Sourcing and Employee Relations at Please Login or Register to apply this job online.
Closing date : 10 August 2013