Indah Water Konsortium Sdn Bhd wholly owned by the Minister of Finance Incorporated, is the national sewerage company responsible for providing sewerage services, operating and maintaining public sewerage systems in Malaysia. We have 19 unit offices throughout Malaysia, divided into the north, south, central and eastern regions.
We are urgently seeking high caliber talents for the following positions to take up this exciting challenge:
GENERAL MANAGER – CORPORATE PLANNING
– To manage and direct corporate planning activities for the Group in line with overall objectives, mission and vision.
– Participate in business evaluation for any corporate ventures, market and feasibility studies, business proposals, negotiations, JV agreements, shareholders agreements and operational agreements.
– Develop long and short-term business strategies and translating the key strategies into long terms and short term detailed action plans in alignment to the vision and objectives of the Company.
– Conduct market research, benchmarking for industry and competitor analysis to facilitate business planning and strategy formulation process.
– Actively participate in timely review of business and operational performance and analyse business issues to help improve business performance.
– Candidate must possess at least a recognised degree in Business Studies / Management / Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
– A minimum of eighteen (18) years of relevant working experience in strategic business planning and / or corporate finance in both government and private sector.
– An MBA will be an added advantage.
– Exceptional planning, analytical, writing, presentation and communication skills.
– Creative and resourceful as well as able to function both independently and as an effective team player.
– Must function well under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines.
GENERAL MANAGER – GREATER KL
– Responsible for strategic planning and execution of multiple projects related to sewage plants and pipeline works.
– Meeting the deliverables in terms of revenue, margins, timeliness, quality, safety in accordance with DOSH / IWK requirements.
– Responsible for identifying variations in the contracts; resolving technical issues relating to projects and ensuring the cordial relationship with clients, consultants & other business partners.
– Ensure timely MIS reporting, billing and providing leadership & motivation to the team.
– Developing manpower for the project requirement and lead a team of Managers / Engineers.
– Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
– Minimum 15 years’ working experience in water / wastewater industry with at least 7 years proven capability in managing multiple projects.
– Proficient and skilled in project planning, programming, scheduling using MS Project, MS Access and MS Excel.
– Experience in leading teams in implementing the works programme and site activities with good overall control of works.
– Hands on experience in managing coordination meetings, project progress meetings, health and safety briefings.
– Experienced and knowledgeable in monitoring and inspecting health and safety aspects of the construction works.
– Proactive, self-motivated, action oriented and results driven leader with good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and able to uphold Company’s interest when dealing with regulators and clients.
GENERAL MANAGER – PROJECT MANAGEMENT
As the Head of Department for Project Management, the person will be required to:
– Direct, manage and monitor the Project Management team towards the achievement of Project objectives and delivery targets stipulated in the contract in order to meet company requirements.
– Direct, monitor and review implementation of MoF Capital and Refurbishment Works projects, Sludge Management projects, Network & Private Connection projects, CCTV and Critical Sewer projects to ensure implementation of projects are within time, budget, quality and meeting operational requirements.
– Direct, lead, plan, develop and formulate workable technical and profitable financial for providing Project Management Consultancy (PMC) services to KTAK / JPP’s Capital and Refurbishment projects, Sewer Network Connection project, CCTV & Sewer Relining projects, to meet services targets and standards in oder to achieve the desired Company’s and KTAK / JPP’s objectives and profitability goals.
– Direct, review and monitor general office administrative expenditure, construction and consultancy expenditure against budget to ensure in accordance to the proposed budgeted cashflow.
– Direct, lead, review and monitor departmental and Departments Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance in order to ensure compliance to HSE standard while minimising hazards and risks.
– Degree in Civil Engineering.
– Preferably with a Master Degree in Environmental Engineering.
– Registered with Board of Engineers Malaysia.
– Minimum 15 years work experience in water / wastewater or consultancy industry.
– Able to lead, plan and manage overall implementation of projects from design, tender, procurement to construction and completion.
– Possess good organisation, leadership, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
– Must possess dynamic drive and enthusiasm, firm and self motivated.
– Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
– Must be PC literate in Microsoft Office and MS Project.
GENERAL MANAGER – PLANNING & ENGINEERING
As the Head of Department for Planning & Engineering, the person will be required to:
– Lead, drive and manage the Planning & Engineering Department of Indah Water Konsortium Sdn Bhd.
– Strategise and develop the most appropriate National Sewerage Development Plan to match the financial, social and environmental obligations.
– Ensure that the quality and efficiency of the company’s works minimises Capital and Operational cost whilst maintaining the company’s reputation as a Quality Environmental Services Organisation.
– Lead the Company to employ appropriate sewerage strategies taking into account the cost benefits to the Community and Indah Water.
– Ensure that the company is able to debate regulatory issues pertaining to technical matters with key government bodies in an intelligient, professional, well informed and well supported manner in order to sustain IWK’s business.
– Assure that the quality of all national sewerage works are capable of achieving Company Efficiency and Environmetal objectives.
– Manage the long term efficient and effective use of sewerage technology, products and materials in order to minimise operational cost.
– Ensure the company’s Intellectual Property is robust and can be sustained in the long term so that continuity in Business Expertise is maintained.
– Degree in Engineering or Business / Financial or any related discipline.
– Specialisation in Water and Wastewater Engineering is an advantage.
– Professional Engineer registered with Board of Engineers, Malaysia.
– Minimum 15 years work experience in Water and Wastewater sector with at least 7 years involvement in Sewerage Development practices.
– Affiliation with Worldwide Water & Wastewater Professional Bodies.
– Close rapport with Regulators and Planning Authorities.
– Strong team player & inter-personal skills.
– Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online via our website at:
http://www.iwk.com.my/ before: 6 April 2013.
Join us and be a part of nation building!