We are one of Malaysia’s leading Government Linked Companies and we have an active interest in six primary sectors of the Malaysian economy namely Plantation, Property, Pharmaceutical, Heavy Industries, Trading & Industrial and Finance & Investment. In line with our on-going expansion plan, we would like to invite results-oriented, performance-driven and high performing individuals to join our Senior Management Team at the Corporate Office, in the following capacity:-
Group Company Secretary
Reporting to the Deputy Chairman/Group Managing Director, the successful candidate will lead, manage and ensure the effective and efficient management of the secretarial, compliance and shares functions of Boustead Holdings Berhad as well as that of other subsidiaries, in particular listed subsidiaries. This will entail close liaison with the heads of similar functions within the Group.
The incumbent’s key responsibilities will include the provision of effective secretarial related services to the Company, its subsidiaries and shareholders. He/She will also provide the relevant secretarial advice and services to the Board of Directors in support of achievement of results and will ensure that the Directors’ Code of Ethics and Board Charter are in place.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible in ensuring the Group’s compliance with the Companies Act 1965 and Company’s Regulations, Securities Commission Guidelines, Bursa Malaysia Listing Requirements and other relevant regulations. He/She will also ensure effective share registration related services are provided, including timely and effective management of shares for the Group’s listed companies.
Other expectations include the development and maintenance of effective relationship with and ensuring satisfaction of the relevant stakeholders including internal and external customers, shareholders, external organisations, government agencies, industry associations and corporations amongst others. He/She will also ensure that the conduct within the Group’s areas of secretarial, compliance and share registration functions are in line with the principles of corporate governance and relevant legislations and regulations.
- Bachelors Degree in Secretarial, Law or the equivalent and a member of MAICSA and/or a licensed Company Secretary.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant working experience in a large public listed company, with the last 5 years in a senior managerial capacity.
- Familiar and conversant with the provisions of the Companies Act, Bursa Malaysia Listing Requirements, Securities Commission Act, Code of Corporate Governance and other relevant regulations.
- Detail oriented, meticulous and possess good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills with the ability to lead the team to function as a proactive and effective unit.
- Possess the ability to motivate the performance of others and place importance in developing people.
- Good IT skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Highly motivated and results oriented with the ability to perform well under tight deadlines.
A competitive remuneration package awaits the successful candidate, which includes the option of a company car or car allowance, bonus scheme and medical insurance amongst others.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume stating personal particulars, employment history, qualifications, current and expected salary, contact telephone numbers and a recent passport-sized photograph (n.r.) no later than 4 October 2013 to the:-
General Manager, Group Human Capital Management
Boustead Holdings Berhad
7th Floor, Menara Boustead, 69 Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur
e-mail :Please Login or Register to apply this job online.
Please indicate the position applied for at the top left hand corner of the envelope. All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Boustead, visit our website at www.boustead.com.my