Jawatan Kosong Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
The National University of Malaysia
The Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Industry & Community Partnerships) at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (HEJIM@UKM) provides a focal point to develop and facilitate sustainable
university-industry-community engagement partnerships which can enhance and support the core business of the university ó Research, Education and Service. As we are growing and enhancing our collaborations and interactions with both internal and external stakeholders across these three core areas, HEJIM@UKM is inviting applications for the following key positions:
– Engagement Research Grants Officer
– Engagement Documentation Officer
Engagement Research Grants Officer shall deal with the Industry and Community Research Grant management within the office, in compliance with the university’s research grant requirements
while the Engagement Documentation Officer will be responsible for capturing, managing, analysing and reporting data on all Industry & Community Engagement initiatives undertaken at
UKM across the areas of research, education, service and volunteerism.
Engagement Research Grants Officer – Main accountabilities:
1. Updating the grant application guidelines and forms, eligibility criteria and developing time schedules for the annual grant cycle;
2. Disseminating the call for proposals, application procedures and deadlines to academics;
3. Responding to queries from potential applicants;
4. Conducting an initial review of proposals to screen for eligibility, and preparing a summary of applications for the technical committee;
5. Communicating with the technical and financial committee, facilitating their meetings, and following up on their decisions;
6. Coordinating with UKM Centre for Research, Instrumentation and Management (CRIM) and the Bursar’s office to finalize relevant letters of acceptance, setting up account codes and
disbursement of funds;
7. Establishing financial and administrative oversight as well as effective reporting and monitoring mechanisms for grantees to ensure timely achievement of grant deliverables and outputs;
8. Identifying capacity needs/gaps of recipients, developing and coordinating capacity development strategy for knowledge building and sharing to enable potential grantees to
effectively undertake Industry and Community Based Research;
9. Overseeing the documentation of grant data and undertaking relevant data analysis and
evaluation of HEJIM’s Industry and Community Grant outcomes and impacts
10. Preparing regular summary reports on progress of grants management, administration and achievement to HEJIM Management and CRIM;
11. Enhancing communication of data analysis to HEJIM’s target audiences through reports and presentations, through HEJIM’s newsletter and also as part of HEJIM’s Annual Report. This includes preparing visual representation of data to depict the level and strength of engagement across faculties/research institutes at LAM.
12. Performing other duties as assigned by the DeputyVice Chancellor for Industry & Community Partnerships.
Engagement Documentation Officer – Main accountabilities:
1. Developing a data-capturing protocol to facilitate the collection, organisation and analysis of data on industry and community engagement initiatives. This includes developing new
systems and processes and/or enhancing existing systems and processes for capturing industry & community engagement data across research, education and service at the university.
2. Collecting engagement data from various sources at the university, including but not limited to databases, manual records/reports/registers, print and electronic media, academic heads of IC engagement at faculties/institutes, students organisations and other sources.
3. Developing mechanisms to verify the integrity of engagement data.
4. Building and maintaining a university-wide Industry & Community Engagement Partners Database to facilitate effective client relationship management and communication with
5. Maintaining records of the industry & community engagement data in computerised as well as MS-Excel and MS-Access formats to facilitate analysis and prompt extraction of
summarised information to support the reporting and information needs of the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Industry & Community Partnerships).
6. Conducting statistical data analysis using appropriate software to convert engagement data into information that can be used for reporting and audit purposes. This is to support the
operational, research and policy needs of the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Industry & Community Partnerships).
7. Preparing statistical reports on UKM’s engagement data on a monthly basis. This includes preparing visual representation of data to depict the level and strength of engagement
across faculties/research institutes at UKM.
8. Performing other duties as assigned by the DeputyVice Chancellor for Industry & Community Partnerships.
The candidate should be a target-oriented, highly self-motivated individual who is an active and industrious implementer. He/She should demonstrate bilingual proficiency (Bahasa Malaysia and
English) and have a pleasant personality and necessary skills to complete the tasks. This position is offered on a contract basis and the salary will be between RM4,000 to RM4,500 based on qualifications, experiences and skills.
– Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree or equivalent.
– At least 5 years or working experience is required for this position preferably in a similar or related position. Detail Job