EXPLORE WITH COASTAL ENERGY TODAY!
Coastal Energy is an Independent Exploration and Production Company with assets in Thailand and Malaysia.
Coastal Energy is developing three marginal oil fields offshore of Peninsular Malaysia and is hiring the following professionals to work in their offices in Kuala Lumpur and Kemaman.
– Manage account closing activities and produce timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for Pi and statutory purposes in line with legislation and accounting standards.
– Prepare and analyse reports such as financial statements, billings, joint operating accounts and expenditure statements.
– Maintain chart of accounts to ensure compliance with procedures, including oil & gas accounting and revenue accounting. Review and validate transactions in GL and resolve issues for both cash and accrual accounts.
– Prepare and validate project settlement/capitalization to ensure accuracy of asset value in financial statements. Provide input on budget preparation in relation to CAPEX/OPEX planning.
– Analyse and validate the accuracy of Fixed Assets, Project-in-Progress (PIP) and Receivables reports and highlight/address discrepancies to ensure integrity of asset value.
– Prepare cash call, funding and project cash flow analysis. Analyse, monitor and process Authorization for Expenditure (AFE).
– Provide timely, complete and accurate financial and statistical information as required by Management, Government Authorities and external parties to facilitate financing arrangements and working capital arrangements. Liaise with auditors, tax agents and other internal and external stakeholders.
– Candidate must possess at least a degree in Accounting and more than 3 years of working experience in Accounting & Finance.
– Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry and Multinationals is highly desirable.
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
– Must be accurate and meticulous.
– Fluent in both written & spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
– Ability to work independently.
– Able to handle tight deadline and pressure; and willing to work late and on holiday (due to month end & year-end closing).
SUPPLY BASE EXECUTIVE
– Ensure safe and effective storage and movement of materials.
– Maintain regular communication with the management team,
administrative and support departments.
– Ensure all company policies and procedures are being adhered to in the warehouse/yard.
– Ensure accurate and effective manifesting and receiving of goods by adopting a high standard of documentation and record keeping.
– Coordinate shipments and monitor delivery schedules and
– Produce expediting reports and ensure follow-up on action items.
– Ensure compliance with all company policies, practices and standards.
– Assume Emergency Response role for POB control and external
– Manage logistics and supply boat activities at KSB and Kuantan Port.
– 10 years or more experience in coordinating warehouse and yard
operations in the oil and gas industry.
– Minimum Diploma in any discipline.
– Familiar with Customs statutory approval / requirements for Kemaman Supply Base.
– Knowledge in using Material Management System
– Effective written and oral communication skills, both English and
– Competence in Microsoft Office : Excel, Words, Powerpoint.
– Experience in logistic and supply boat movement.
– Fluent in English, both written and spoken is desirable.
– Reports to the HSE Manager in the execution of his / her duties.
– Maintain and perform continuous assessment of the EIA Approved Conditions and Environmental Management Plan and ensuring compliance.
– Assess aspect on all operational activities that have an
– Develop, maintain, monitor and communicate company environmental
Key Performance Indicators to the stakeholders.
– Conduct Audits, investigate and report accident/incident events or
complaints. Follow up with corrective and preventive actions for all
non-conformities of EMS and disseminating to all concerned parties.
– Minimum of at least 5 years working experience in oil and gas industry.
– Candidates with hands-on experience in environment monitoring, data gathering and reporting are preferred.
– Must possess at least a Bachelor Degree in either engineering or
– Knowledge of Environmental Quality Act 1974 and all regulations.
– Capability to write reports is advantageous.
– Excellent in both written and oral communication skills; English and Bahasa Malaysia.
– Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
– Competence in Microsoft Office : Excel, Words, Power Point.
Interested candidates are invited to send in their resume, complete with picture and expected salary, no later than 5 October 2013, to: Please Login or Register to apply this job online.