Newcastle University Medicine Positions in Nusajaya, Johor
Newcastle University UK, has established an international branch campus in Johor, Malaysia for the provision of its undergraduate Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degrees in Medicine and BSc degrees in the Biomedical Sciences.
We now invite dynamic and highly motivated individuals to apply for the following positions which will be based in Nusajaya, Johor:
Senior Lecturer, Lecturer
A number of full-time and part-time positions are available, with the level of appointment being determined by qualification and relevant experience.
Applicants should possess either a PhD or medical qualification, and be able to offer teaching expertise in one or more of the following areas: anatomy; biochemistry; molecular biology and genetics; immunology; microbiology; neuroscience; cellular and systems physiology; and clinical and communication skills.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
– Contribute high quality and innovative teaching to NUMed Malaysia students.
– Play an active role in student support, providing both academic and pastoral guidance.
– Contribute to realising NUMed Malaysia’s research strategy.
– Perform management and administrative duties as required.
– Have an excellent command of English.
Clinical Senior Lecturer, Clinical Lecturer
Applications are invited for a range of posts, at different levels of seniority. These posts will appeal to established clinician teachers looking for a fresh and exciting challenge, or senior trainees who are seeking a stimulating and varied career.
These posts are suitable for registered medical practitioners, either fully trained or in training for specialist level or general practice, holding a primary medical degree from a university recognised by the Malaysian Medical Council, and a higher medical qualification.
We are looking for doctors with one of the following interests: general (internal) medicine all specialties; general surgery; paediatrics, obstetrics & gynaecology; psychiatry; family medicine specialist; and general practice.
Successful applicants will:
– Be practising clinicians, who will continue clinical practice integrated with innovative teaching
– Co-ordinate, direct and deliver undergraduate teaching, while continuing with clinical duties within the Malaysia health service in Johor
– Play an active role in student support and guidance
– Contribute to realising NUMed Malaysia’s research strategy
– Have an excellent command of English.
English Language Teachers (Part-time, Temporary) NUMed is looking for experienced, well qualified English language teachers to join the rapidly expanding university teaching team.
Applicants should be preferably first language English speakers and possess either a Master’s degree in TESL, or hold a relevant undergraduate degree. A DELTA qualification or equivalent teaching qualification for the delivery of English as a second language is desired. Applicants should also possess substantial academic English teaching expertise at a higher or tertiary education level.
To teach English for Academic Purposes and General English to international students on a variety of programmes.
– Master’s degree. Relevant undergraduate degree will also be considered
– DELTA or equivalent is desirable (CELTA will be considered)
– Minimum 5 years’ EAP/ESP teaching experience at FE/HE level (F/T equivalent)
– IELTS teaching and assessing experience will be an advantage
– Understanding of the needs of international students
Salary will be based on competitive university hourly rates.
To apply, please send your detailed CV and cover letter,highlighting your EAP experience to: Please Login or Register to apply this job online.
Interested candidates with the right experience and qualifications should read the relevant job/role descriptions available at: http://www.newcastle.edu.my/vacancies.
Having read this you
should produce an application letter outlining your suitability to the position, stating relevant experience. Please also include your notice period along with your current and expected salary in your letter.
We offer an attractive remuneration package.
Please note that the date of appointment will vary depending on the post, and is negotiable. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Closing date for application: 31 January 2014