Be part of our winning team
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (the Centre) is the city’s most technologicallyóadvanced, purpose-built facility for international, regional and local conventions, tradeshows, public exhibitions, entertainment and even, intimate private functions. The Centre is strategically located at the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
Convex Malaysia Sdn Bhd, the operator of the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (a subsidiary of KLCC (Holdings) Sdn Bhd) seeks dynamic, committed and success-driven individuals to join our team in the following position:
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER
The Deputy General Manager is responsible for the smooth running of the Centre’s administration including the maintenance of all records and preparing the annual budget and business plan to ensure all divisional objectives fully address the Centre’s business objectives and employees’ needs.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring the services and offerings provided to guests are always available and discharged effectively and courteously in accordance with the guidelines established and documented in the Divisional Operations Manual.
The scope of the Deputy General Manager is also to ensure the successful implementation of the integrated Food, Quality, Environment, Safety & Health (FOQESH) Management System, which meets the requirements for quality in accordance to ISO 9001:2000 and food safety management in accordance to ISO 22000:2005.
The incumbent will be expected to have the following competencies:
1. Responsible self-starter, capable of handling multi-faceted projects and working under pressure.
2. Excellent communication and analytical skills, a proactive problem solver.
3. Team player, who values teamwork, has good team building skills and is able to communicate effectively with employees of all levels.
4. Equips and motivates employees to achieve predetermined goals, installing and maintaining appropriate empowerment programmes.
5. Personable and pleasant to deal with – discreet, reliable and diplomatic.
6. Positive “can do” attitude and easy to approach ó manages with humility.
7. High degree of integrity, strong leadership skills, nurtures and develops employees, and encourages innovation.
8. Keeps in good health and physically fit as well as good personal grooming and presentation.
9. Understands and respects local culture, able to adapt to a changing environment.
10. Knowledge and understanding of the various departments and organisational operating methods and standards applicable.
11. Knowledge and understanding of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) legal requirements and food safety legal requirements as well as Halal food requirements.
12. Knowledge and understanding of the Food, Quality, Environment, Safety & Health (FOQESH) Management System.