UNDERWRITER, GENERAL INSURANCE
This is a globally recognised provider of a specialised line of products and services that are focused on the underwriting discipline. Given the organisation’s continued growth within Malaysia and internationally, it has now created a need for an additional team member to join its current team of underwriters in Kuala Lumpur.
– establish strong relationships with brokers to facilitate the sale of the company’s products and services in Malaysia
– review, rate and underwrite for new businesses and existing clients in line with the company’s quality selection and adequate pricing guidelines
– develop and execute sales and negotiation strategies to ensure contribution to the profitability of the assigned specialty product lines
– ensure brokers and clients receive a high level of underwriting service that differentiates the company from its competitors
– communicate with other product line underwriters in order to leverage cross-selling opportunities and deliver a complete service to the broker and client.
– degree holder in business, finance, insurance or related discipline
– minimum three to five years’ working experience in commercial insurance, experience in casualty/liability insurance is preferred
– possess strong knowledge in underwriting procedures and techniques, including coverage issues and product lines within the market place
– excellent negotiation and sales ability as well as strong verbal and written communication
– strong business and financial acumen as well as compliant with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements
– travel within Malaysia and Asia Pacific (as required) to establish and maintain broker relationships. Detail Job