BP PETRONAS Acetyls Sdn. Bhd. (BPPA) is a joint-venture between BP Holdings International B.V. (70%) and PETRONAS (30%) which owns and operates a 500 kte per annum acetic acid manufacturing facility in Kerteh, Terengganu. The plant commissioned in November 2000 and is part of the Kerteh Integrated Petrochemicals Complex (KIPC), Kerteh, Terengganu.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position to be based at our Kerteh office:
Provide mechanical engineering support by monitoring, analysing and troubleshooting daily problems and issues to ensure smooth, uninterrupted operation
– Effectively use information from plant systems to develop and promote maintenance best practices of the equipment and plant
– Assist in equipment inspection, and develop repair procedures during TAR/shutdown to ensure integrity of the equipment
– Lead or participate in equipment failure analysis (RCFA) and execute modifications required
– Support plant capital projects to improve operations reliability
– Participate in turnaround (TAR) activities to ensure that work is carried out safety and smoothly, including pre-commissioning and commissioning of plant systems
– Understand and adhere to engineering codes and specifications.