Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry Vacancy in February 2014
The Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce (MGCC) is the first choice when
it comes to business between Malaysia and Germany. We are a reliable partner for both Malaysian and German companies and offer excellent services to our members and clients. MGCC is part of the German foreign chamber network spanning 80 countries with 120 offices.
We are seeking a highly organized, detailed and action oriented Events Officer to plan, manage and organize events, business talks and workshops for the members of the organization. Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Events Officer will be responsible for overall operational, implementation and post-event activities.
- Conceptualize, organize and execute events, business talks and workshops for the members of the organization
- Manage overall operational, implementation and post-event activities
- Preparation of proposals and follow-up with potential and existing clients for new partnerships
- Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations.
- Develop materials to promote events.
- Relationship-building and engagement with sponsors and members of the media.
- Acquire speaker, venue and participants for business talks and workshops.
- Diploma/Degree in Mass Communication/Marketing.
- Minimum 2 years experience in event management or a related field.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of German language will be an added advantage
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Able to solve problems and work independently in a multi-tasking environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Must possess a valid driving license and own transport.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, cover letter stating expected salary and testimonial (if any) to the following address, not later than 9 February 2014.
The Human Resource Manager
Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Suite 47.01, Level 47, Menara AmBank
No.8, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Please Login or Register to apply this job online.