TOMORROW BEGINS TODAY
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent upstream energy company, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips has operations and activities in 30 countries, $58 billion in annual revenue, $117 billion of assets, and approximately 16,900 employees as of Dec. 31, 2012. Production from continuing operations averaged 1,527 MBOED in 2012, and preliminary proved reserves were 8.6 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2012.
ConocoPhillips’ assets in Malaysia include interests in the Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Company (KPOC) operated KBB gas field, Shell operated Gumusut-Kakap and Malikai oil fields, and Murphy operated Siakap North-Petai oil field, all located offshore Sabah.
ConocoPhillips Malaysia has recently acquired its first operated exploration block (SB 311) with partners Shell and Petronas Carigali. The 1000 km2 block, located in shallow water Sabah adjacent to our KBB joint venture block, carries with it a 2-well commitment along with an associated seismic acquisition and reprocessing work program. The three-year exploration term carries significant execution challenges not least of which is our new role as an Operator in Malaysia. In line with this growth, ConocoPhillips is seeking a suitably qualified professional to join its team as:
(Job Location in Kuala Lumpur)
This position will work as a member of a GGRE team that is responsible for the subsurface evaluation of the block, including prospect generation and well location selection. Key activities will include G&G interpretation, involvement with 2D seismic acquisition and 3D seismic reprocessing efforts, and providing geologic support to SB311 drilling personnel during well planning and execution. The position will also interface with development project personnel in Malaysia and COP technical groups in Houston.
– Work with the Senior Geoscientist to deliver subsurface evaluation of SB311 block and surrounding areas
– Interpret existing seismic data sets, as well as newly acquired/ reprocessed data as it becomes available
– Incorporate relevant well data into subsurface evaluation
– Provide subsurface support to drilling engineer during well planning and execution
– Participate in technical discussions with partners
– As needed, support BU in non-operated exploration program, and assist in creating BU growth 4 strategy .
– Bachelor’s Degree in Geoscience (preferably MSc)
– High safety, environmental and ethical standards
– Broad geoscience knowledge base with experience in both geophysics and geology
– Competency in geoscience and seismic interpretation software
– Experience in SE Asia basins and deepwater turbidite systems is strongly preferred
– A strong team player with good communication skills, a high level of self-motivation and the ability to influence partners (Shell and Petronas Carigali)
– Creative thinker with strong business sense.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.