Welcome to Evonik
the creative industrial group from Germany and global leader in specialty chemicals. Be successful together with us.
Evonik, the creative industrial group from Germany, is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. Our activities focus on the key megatrends health, nutrition, resource efficiency and globalization. Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world. In fiscal 2011 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around Ä14.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about Ä2.8 billion.
Operating 15 state-of-the-art manufacturing sites, labs and offices across South East Asia, Australia & New Zealand Evonik’s success is based on the expertise and commitment of our talented workforce. The unique diversity of our people creates a truly inspiring work atmosphere nourishing our innovative strength.
Our Evonik Malaysia Sdn Bhd is recruiting the following positions:
Regional Sales Manager, S.E.A.
This position is involved in the development of new businesses in South East Asia market for business unit, Performance Polymers (PP). The successful employee will provide support to the Business Line Manager for PP who is located in Shanghai, in the day-to-day operations. Position may be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia or Singapore.
– Responsible for developing and implementation of the strategy of the Business Line Acrylic Monomers (MMA and Specialty Methacrylate Monomers) in South East Asia
– Responsibility for leading the direct reports, incl. organization, target-settings and training / development of the team members
– Preparation of and accountable for the annual sales and contribution margin targets per country
– Contribution to and cooperation with Business Development activities in the region
– Remain aware of and provide regular and accurate updates of regional market, customer, and competitive developments, and report formal monthly analysis of regional business results; recommend actions to adjust to local developments
– Identification of new growth opportunities including potential targets for acquisition and/or collaboration
– Coordinate local marketing strategy and tactics with global product lines to reinforce and grow a positive image within the marketplace, including advertising, trade shows, workshops and other image building activities to support business line
– Support cross BU and regional initiatives for internal as well as external growth
– Establish an active customer contact program toward new project acquisition, progression of current projects to new business, and maintenance of existing business, and ensure timely reporting of customer and market developments
– Administrative and cost responsibility
– Degree in Chemical Engineering or Polymer Technology or equivalent
– At least 8 years experience of sales and marketing experience in the Chemical, Coatings and Resin Industry or equivalent
– A dynamic team player who is able to work well across diverse cultures
– Able to manage his area of responsibility independently
– Possess self-confidence, excellent communication and negotiation skills
– Fluency in local languages and dialects would be of advantage. Detail Job