Marlborough College Malaysia Positions 2013
Marlborough College Malaysia is a British day and boarding school situated on a 90 acre site in Iskandar Malaysia, just across the causeway from Singapore. The College comprises three schools; a pre-preparatory school (4-7), preparatory school (7 – 13) and a senior school (13 ó 18). For 2013/14 there will be in the region of 600 pupils in the College which will increase to our full capacity of approximately 1,300 pupils by 2018/19.
The school is a genuine expansion of Marlborough College in the UK and will be managed and governed by a number of people who have a strong association with Marlborough.
– A highly experienced fundraiser who has a proven record of raising substantial sums on behalf of a complex organisation
– A demonstrable ability to develop and lead a sustained programme of strategic donor development
– A persuasive, credible and empathetic communicator who can engage with the whole College community and garner support
– A high level of commercial awareness
– A sense of energy, resourcefulness and mission to launch and lead a significant high profile assignment
– A background of fundraising within the education sector
– Experience in working in Asia
– An education to degree level or equivalent.
ICT Help Desk
– Respond to request for technical assistant in person, via phone or electronically
– Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issue, maintain end user requirements and provide end user training
– Follow standard help desk procedures and SLA
– Assist System and Network engineer when needed
– Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
– Work on rotating shift that include weekend hours
– Identify and escalate cases require immediate attention
– Stay current with system information, changes and updates
– Perform additional duties as assigned by management
– Maintain professionalism, good attitude and appropriate behavior with organization personnel and clients.
– Flexible, hands-on approach to the role, have excellent attention to detail and to be confident and approachable in dealing with staff and other stakeholders.
– Essential skills include excellent written and oral communication abilities, an ability to be flexible and a capacity to show initiative
– Able to relate well to people at all levels, be calm and confident under pressure, have a good sense of humour and be able to work as part of a team.
– Excellent working knowledge of English, both written and conversational to be able to deal with general enquiries via email and by phone.
– Good typing skills and experience of working with databases
– High level of attention to detail when recording information
– Be prepared to help where and when required
– Be prepared to take responsibility for their part in the department
– A willingness to learn and show initiative
– An understanding of website management would be an advantage
– Excellent interpersonal, communication, IT, administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to be flexible, work under pressure, combined with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
– Proven experience and qualifications in Diploma in Business Administration, Secretarial Science or related qualification.
To be considered for the position, applications must comprise a completed application form (Please download from
http://marlboroughcollegemalaysia.org/about/vacancies/) full CV and covering letter (setting out your motivation for applying, suitability for the role in response to the candidate profile and salary expectations).
The documents should be sent to:
Human Resource Department,
Marlborough College Malaysia,
Jalan Marlborough, 7925o Nusajaya, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
or emailed to Please Login or Register to apply this job online.
The closing date for applications is Monday 8 July 2013