Bank Perusahaan Kecil & Sederhana Malaysia Berhad (SME Bank) is an established development financial institution mandated with the role of nurturing and meeting the needs of small and medium enterprises (SMEs). As a one-stop financial centre responding to the funding and business growth needs of Malaysian SMEs, the Bank complements existing products and services offered by commercial banks through a comprehensive and integrated financial and business advisory services. Its primary role is to contribute towards the growth of a more robust entrepreneurial community in Malaysia.
In line with its business expansion plan, SME Bank would like to invite suitable and qualified candidates who are dynamic, analytical and highly motivated to fill the following positions:
HEAD – CORPORATE LEGAL (Head Office)
– To ensure Bank’s activities adhere to the requirements of various legal and regulatory agencies and the Bank’s internal compliance standards.
– To manage all legal matters of the Bank, including identification of legal issues and provision of legal advice.
– To provide legal advice / opinion or legal documents such as letter of undertaking / letter of indemnity within specified period upon receipt of request by Corporate Legal.
– To review the existing and formulate new legal policy and procedure.
– To keep abreast with latest development on legal issues – memos, discussions, organizing legal talks, circulation of articles, new business laws and regulations.
– To monitor litigation matters undertaken by the Bank and / or instituted against the Bank.
– To facilitate authorities on investigation of the Bank or any matter concerning the Bank / staff.
– To draft and vet all non-standard documents for the Bank.
– To anticipate and help to circumvent legal problems by providing legal guidelines. Detail Job