Garden International School
Bringing Out The Best in You Since 1951
Garden International School (GIS) is the largest private, co-educational, international school in Malaysia and is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS). Established in 1951, GIS provides a British-style education to the expatriate and local community in Kuala Lumpur. The school has two campuses in Kuala Lumpur and one on the East Coast of Malaysia in Kuantan. In total, the school has students representing over fifty nationalities. Teaching staff are mainly recruited from the United Kingdom, Australia and from Malaysia itself.
At GIS we belief in creating adaptable life-long learners, active citizens, effective contributors, creative thinkers, independent enquirers and resilient individuals with a holistic school programme emphasizing on academic excellence, Sports and Arts/Music. We aim to bring out the best in our students.
To ensure the success of our language department we are looking to appoint:
BAHASA MALAYSIA LANGUAGE TEACHERS (PRIMARY SCHOOL) – 2 Positions (Location – MONT KIARA)
The first position will commence on 15th April 2013 and the second will start on 26th August 2013.
The role of Head of Primary Bahasa Malaysia is available for the right candidate.
- A degree in teaching
- Previous experience working with Primary School children, and/or in an international school, teaching Bahasa Malaysia would be an advantage
- Willingness to learn and grow with the school
- Be able to teach Bahasa Malaysia to first and second language learners from 5 years of age to 11 years of age
- Be open to a child-centered view of teaching and learning.
We are looking for people who:
- are able to assess and provide for the needs of primary students
- are excellent, caring student-centred educators
- are able to work collaboratively, as part of a team
- are warm, friendly and approachable
- react well under pressure.
- a competitive salary
- the opportunity to work with highly motivated students
- professional development and the opportunity for career advancement
- a challenging, friendly and rewarding working environment.
To apply for either of these positions please send CV, letter of application, contact details for 2 referees and a passport photo by 20 April 2013 to:
The Head of Primary School
For more information about Garden International School, please visit our website: www.gardenschool.edu.my