Murphy Sarawak Oil Co. Ltd., a multinational oil and gas company, is involved in the exploration and production of oil and gas in Malaysia. We provide the highest quality in everything we do, and strongly believe in upholding our business virtue of professionalism, innovation, competence and credibility in order to be a successful organization.
These are critical positions dealing with many exciting and challenging projects. Successful candidates will have direct impact on the outcome of these projects and on the success of operations in one of the producing fields in the country.
In return, there are excellent career progression prospects for the right candidate and opportunities for professional growth.
SARAWAK GAS SUBSURFACE TEAM LEADER
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the Sarawak assets (SK Gas Project consisting of six fields) through implementation of the approved field development plans with optimization of well placement and production / injection targets.
- Oversight of all remodeling studies, reservoir and production modeling studies, final well path and location design, and reservoir surveillance activities.
- Manage all day to day activities for the SK Gas Project fields with the goal of maximizing value through effective hydrocarbon extraction.
- Oversee the production surveillance and diagnostic techniques that maximize well and reservoir performance, promoting application and implementation of best practices and enhance the existing production portfolio while working closely with the production operations department.
- Working closely with the other Head of Departments to insure that drilling completions and workovers achieve production goals and are implemented in a seamless manner.
- Liaison with PARTNER to insure the company’s interests, and operating objectives are achieved.
- Supervise the entire subsurface team associated with the SK Gas Project fields.
- Review and approve all reservoir engineering, geological modeling and petrophysical interpretation specifications, third party work programs and procedures for reservoir characterization.
- Input into annual reserves evaluation process.
- Provide management support information for the compilation of regular progress reports, project status, reserves and development option reviews.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Geology with minimum 2 years experience leading a multi-discipline subsurface team. Experience should include oversight of geological and reservoir modeling techniques along with a significant amount of time spent implementing and optimizing gas field management activities. An advanced technical or business degree is highly desired.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience with experience in multi-field gas development projects.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing production and reserves forecasts, management reports, financial and economic assessments.
- Experienced in reserves analysis based on volumetrics, decline analysis, material balance and reservoir simulation.
- Team Leader will be an intelligent, energetic, dedicated and driven individual.
- Must be an articulate, organized, disciplined individual with reputation for integrity and sound business judgment.
- Strong computing skills, knowledge in working with PETREL, ECLIPSE, Saphir, GAP-Prosper-MBAL and Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English-written and spoken.
ADMINISTRATIVE EXECUTIVE (VEHICLES & FACILITIES)
- Responsible for assisting the Senior Admin Executive in providing office administrative support and services.
- Coordinate with contractor on car rental and services of company vehicles for Kuala Lumpur, Bintulu & Labuan offices.
- Coordinate with contractor on maintenance and servicing, repairs and breakdown services for company vehicles.
- Coordinate with contractor on pick up, transfer and support services for company vehicles.
- Upkeep the general periodical cleaning, maintenance and servicing of company vehicles.
- Verify and process all invoices for periodical payments.
- Liaise with JPJ, Puspakom, insurance company, police & relevant authorities on car related matters.
- Process monthly petrol billings, toll cards, smart cards and expenses claims for company vehicles.
- Coordinate with parking management on monthly parking requirements, invoicing and payments.
- Assist Senior Admin Executive on car and drivers requirements and support services.
- Assist in tender plan for car rental services. Work with procurement personnel on car rental contracts and requirements.
- Assist the Senior Admin Executive on office facilities requirements such as preventive maintenance, office asset maintenance and renovation.
- Coordinate and monitors office electrical equipment (FCU, CRAG, UPS and Leak Detection) servicing schedules with contractors.
- Inspect on site renovation works on weekends and after office hours.
- Coordinate and liaise with building management on office maintenance schedules such as power shutdown, AHU servicing and office common area upkeep.
- Administer and coordinate expat housing matters.
- Assist in office maintenance programs and services.
Qualifications & Experience & Requirements:
- Minimum of Diploma or Degree qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience, preferably from oil & gas industry.
- Able to communicate well in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Able to use Microsoft Office programs, i.e. MS Word, MS Excel and Lotus Notes.
DRILLING TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR
- Supervise and monitor the duties of the Drilling Technicians.
- Supervise and monitor drilling technicians work performance for quarterly review with Drilling Services Team Leader.
- Develop invoice processing workflow and KPI to improve turnaround time.
- Focal point to liaise with Finance and Tax Departments to ensure that the Drilling Technicians complies with company’s finance requirements, and perform reporting functions as required.
- Monitor and track drilling contracts ACV usage.
- Manage work distribution for the Drilling Technicians.
- Interface with Shelf/Shallow Water and Deepwater Drilling Team members.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum qualification of Diploma or Degree in Accountancy or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with an oil and gas operator / Production Sharing Contractors in Malaysia in Accounts Payable or as a Buyer.
- Good Personal Computer skills are required (MS Excel, Word
Career growth and prospects
- Attractive remuneration package
- Family Medical coverage
- Cost of living allowance
- Retirement Plan
- International recognition
- Conducive environment
- Quality training.
We offer all these to permanent staff at Murphy Sarawak Oil Co., Ltd.
Interested applicants are invited to email their CV to Please Login or Register to apply this job online. Suitable qualified Malaysians are encouraged to apply the above vacant positions.
Please indicate position applied for as subject header in e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Closing date: 7 SEPTEMBER 2013.