Yara delivers solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. Our fertilizers and crop nutrition programs help produce food required for the growing world population. Our industrial products and solutions reduce emissions, improve air quality and support safe and efficient operations. Founded in Norway in 1905, Yara has a worldwide presence with sales to 150 countries and sales revenue of more than 14 bilion USD. Safety is always our top priority. Please visit www.yara.com for more information about Yara.
Yara is looking to recruit driven individuals to support the daily operations of the liquid calcium nitrate plant in Pulau lndah Industrial Zone, Selangor.
Plant Supervisor (Maintenance)
– Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and contractors and promote a safe working environment
– Carry out all work activities in compliance with local safety and environmental regulations
– Supervise and schedule plant mechanical and electrical trades in maintaining equipment and systems for maximum productivity levels
– Ensure that maintenance activities are planned, scheduled and performed in a manner that results in the most effective use of resources and the least possible interruption to production activities
– Assist the Plant Manager in projects requiring outside contract services including determination of applicable specifications, scope definition, pre-job planning and contractor oversight
– Work closely with the Plant Manager to achieve continuous improvement in equipment reliability within assigned areas of responsibility
– Establish processes and procedures for the capitalization of maintenance spare parts
– Plan, estimate, coordinate and schedule major equipment overhauls and maintain a database of budgeted overhaul cost
– Maintain accurate records pertaining to work performed, employee issues and regulatory compliance issues (Machinery Department, Department of Occupational Health & Safety, etc.)
– Diploma in Engineering, preferably in chemical or a related field
– Minimum 5 years maintenance supervisory experience in an industrial setting, preferably in a chemical process industry
– Maintenance craft background with emphasis on machine shop experience and equipment repair
– Knowledgeable in areas of electrical, mechanical, PLC programming and DCS
– Logical decision making ability
– Familiar with various preventive and predictive maintenance practices
– Effective organizational, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
– Attention to detail, ability to multitask, good attendance and excellent problem solving and analytical skills
– Self-starter with the ability to operate with limited supervision and exercise a high degree of independent decision making, discretion and judgment
– Ale to follow oral and written instructions
– Dependable, ethical and trustworthy
– Working knowledge of basic computer applications.
Plant Operator / Technician (2 Positions)
– Perform execution of daily production based on the production schedule
– Maintain adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, process cycle time, utility consumption, etc., on a daily basis
– Report any abnormality in the production process or any delay in the production schedule to the Supervisor for further action
– Monitor uses and inventories of process chemicals and supplies
– Execute repair and maintenance works based on the maintenance schedule
– Liaise with the QA Department to ensure quality control in the production process
– Participate in safety, health and environmental programs.
– Technical Certificate with 2-3 years relevant experience OR fresh graduate with Diploma/Degree in Engineering or Science, preferably in Mechatronics or a related field
– Understanding of basic production processes and equipment maintenance practices
– Knowledge of basic computer applications
– Able to prioritize safety as part of daily operations
– Attention to details, ability to multitask, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
– Ability to work independently, ethical, trustworthy and a team player.
Applicants are invited to forward a detailed curriculum vitae including current and expected salary to:
Please Login or Register to apply this job online.
Closing Date: 28 October 2013