Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia (Curtin Sarawak) is the Malaysian offshore campus of Curtin University, Western Australia, established in partnership with the Sarawak State Government. Curtin Sarawak offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses identical to those offered at its parent campus in Perth, as well as courses at pre-university level that feed directly into its undergraduate programmes. Currently, Curtin Sarawak has some 3,500 students from over 40 countries studying in a truly international and cross-cultural environment and, in accordance with Curtin’s reputation for excellence, staff members are recruited internationally and are of the highest calibre.
In line with the continued expansion of our campus, we are inviting suitably qualified applicants to fill the following positions:
Internal Audit Manager
The Job: The appointee will be responsible to conduct an objective and independent appraisal of all the University’s activities, financial and otherwise. The incumbent will also plan and execute various financial, compliance, and operational audits in accordance with accepted professional standards.
– Possess a degree in accounting or related field and professional certification with at least three (3) years of experience in auditing with two (2) years at managerial level;
– In-depth knowledge of international internal auditing standards and ability to apply such knowledge to a variety of auditing assignments;
– Strong analytical and leadership qualities with high degree of technical competence;
– Dedicated, result-orientated, positive attitude and ability to deliver under pressure;
– Demonstrated good communication and report writing skills;
– Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with staff at all levels.
System and Network Engineer
The Job: The appointee will be responsible to administer, deploy, provide and upgrade appropriate network infrastructure for LAN/WAN, switch, firewall, wireless, server, system backup and support the telecommunications.
Selection Criteria :
– Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Network Communications;
– Preferred skills : Cisco CCNA certification; experienced in Cisco network device configuration such as switch, router and firewall would have an added advantage;
– Minimum 3-5 years of direct experience in networking, it is mandatory to possess both operations and vendor/project management;
– Flexible, self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure in an International and culturally diverse organization.
– Experience in administering LINUX System, Windows server, Email and Proxy server.
– Experienced in diagnosing network problems and maintaining network security.
– Proven to have good troubleshooting knowledge in Microsoft server such as AD, DHCP and DNS.
– Strategic thinker with a positive attitude, initiative, proactive personality, able to work in a fast-paced environment and have good analytical skills.
– Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills; verbal and written in English.
Senior Lecturers and Lecturers
– At least 2 year(s) of teaching experience at under and/or post-graduate levels. Advanced knowledge in two or more of the following subjects: Public Relations Principles and Strategy; Corporate Communication; Public Relations Consultancy; International and Cross-Cultural Public Relations; Image Management; Publicity and Promotions; Media Relations; Event Management and Communication in Business.
– Areas of expertise; Database systems, computer interface design, microcomputer, embedded software engineering, and embedded system engineering.
– Areas of expertise: Drilling Engineering, Production Technology and Petroleum Economics units.
– Areas of expertise; Process System Engineering, Process Modeling & Simulation.
A successful applicant will be expected to make a significant contribution to the research and education strengths of the School based on his/her expertise. The role involves undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision, as well as mentoring early career researchers.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the organization and delivery of teaching materials and assessment plans;
conducting lectures and tutorials; coordination and management of units, providing continuous feedback to students; academic counseling of students; and participation in staff development activities.
The appointment will be made at a level appropriate to the successful applicant’s academic qualifications, teaching and learning experience, and verifiable track record in the areas of Research & Development and industrial collaboration.
Expected to have a growing profile in Teaching, Research and Service/Leadership and likely to co-ordinate or lead the work of other staff. Must have a doctoral degree.
– Proven ability to deliver high quality teaching across a range of modes and levels with evidence of ongoing reflective improvement and successful curriculum innovation
– Contributions normally expected at undergraduate, honours and/or postgraduate levels
– Responsibility for preparation and delivery of substantial components of courses/units in collaboration with other colleagues as appropriate
– Contributions to the effective supervision of honours and/or Masters level coursework students where appropriate Research.
– An emerging record of research outputs/creative works in refereed journals/outlets consistent with the discipline norms
– Involvement in research grant applications
– Involvement in supervision of HDR students as co or associate supervisor
Leadership and Service
– Efficient management of internal service roles
– Significant contributions to the discipline/profession and community engagement.
Expected to have an established record of achievement in teaching, research, and service with a doctoral degree.
Significant and strategically relevant contributions, at School and/or Department level(s), to curriculum development (where relevant and possible) and pedagogical innovation Research.
– Evidence of quality and impact of outputs including, where appropriate, journal ranking, citation indices, patents awarded,
reputation and standing of publishing house or other outlets, independent reviews from distinguished scholars or critics.
– A record of obtaining research income including nationally competitive research grants, industry grants or fellowships
– Active and effective record of principal supervision of HDR students
Leadership and Service
– Efficient and effective performance in an appropriate range of higher-level internal duties and responsibilities
– Develop and exercise leadership including, for example, of a research group, a collaborative network, or a School/Department -wide initiative etc.
To assist the selection committee with the selection process, applicants must address all the relevant criteria listed in the Selection Criteria. Each selection criteria must be addressed separately. Applicants are requested to provide evidence of their ability to meet each criterion, using examples of previous experience wherever possible.
For furtherinformation on the positions, kindly refer to our website (www.curtin.edu.my/jobs@curtin) For write-in application, please forward your applications to:
Staffing Management Section,
Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia CDT 250, 98009 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia or e-mail us at
Please Login or Register to apply this job online.
(only shortlisted candidates will be notified)