WorldFish – International Non Profit Research Organization Jobs in Penang 2014
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you want to improve the lives of the poor?
If so we want to hear from you.
WorldFish, a member of the CGIAR Consortium, is an international, nonprofit research organization. CGIAR is a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food secure future. CGIAR research is dedicated to reducing rural poverty, increasing food security, improving human health and nutrition, and ensuring more sustainable management of natural resources. It is carried out by the 15 centers who are members of the CGIAR Consortium in close collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, and the private sector.
WorldFish is committed to meeting two key development challenges: 1.) improving the livelihoods of those who are especially poor and vulnerable in places where fisheries and aquaculture can make a difference and 2) achieving large scale, environmentally sustainable, increases in supply and access to fish at affordable prices for poor consumers in developing countries.
The following unique opportunities are available for gifted individuals to contribute to the mission of the organization.
SENIOR MANAGER – WEB & ONLINE COMMUNICATIONS
The Senior Manager, Web & Online Communications Manager is responsible for implementing our electronic communications strategy, which includes maintaining and updating ourwebsite and servers, providing technical support for multimedia production, managing our electronic communications, and tracking our analytics.
- Plan and maintain architecture, look and feel ofWorldFish and AAS
websites, and ensure consistent organizational image for WorldFish
across the web.
- Develop electronic communications strategies and practices and lead the implementation of on-line media strategies to build visibility, advance our work with partners and policymakers and achieve our organizational objectives
- Manage electronic communications functions, including but not limited to: maintaining and designing website and blog, including back-end functions; evaluating new channels for reaching World Fish’s key audiences; designing and distributing e-newsletters and specialized email communications; and deploying online tools for advocacy campaigns, marketing, fundraising and targeted communications.
- Oversee shooting, editing and production of video for WorldFish website and staff presentations.
- Monitor and report all analytics for web, online, and social utilizing Google Analytics, HootSuite, and others; and monitor trends in social media tools, practices and applications.
- Manage website vendors.
- Establish and optimize SEO and SEM.
- Assist with the deployment of content for all digital and social platforms and initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with web production and knowledge of: HTML, XHTML, CSS,
Adobe Creative Suite, FTP clients, etc. Experience using Drupal preferred.
- Experience producing video and audio content for the web and
presentations, and in.
- designing (hand-coding) and sending email campaigns
- Strong understanding of list segmentation, email delivery, and response tracking; experience managing large email lists and email blast communications
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Adwords, HootSuite, and
other tools to track user engagement and SEO.
- Familiarity with online marketing and social media, overall user trends and habits.
- Ability to manage complex projects with attention to overall strategy and fine detail.
- Experience with digital asset management tool systems and.
administration and experienced working with web development consultants.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity and professional discretion.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
SENIOR MANAGER – EDITORIAL
The Senior Manager, Editorial is responsible for maintaining a single unifying voice across our communications channels. You will manage the day-to-day content creation/editorial direction for our websites, social media sites, blogs, and publications. Additionally, you will be the primary liaison with our regional communicators and help source outcome stories that influence donors, partners, and policy makers.
- Develop WorldFish message and style guides and contribute to brand
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar.
- Assist with development of a social media strategy and manage the
content on all social platforms.
- Evaluate and reposition all content currently on WorldFish websites for redesign; and ensure it is optimized for search, shareability and onsite flow
- Work with regional communicators to identify and tell stories in regional hubs, and improve regional capacity and ensure brand consistency.
- Work with relevant team and researchers to ensure internal peer-review process for all scientific publications and manage publications process and output.
- Manage external copywriters and proofreaders.
- Serve as copy editor for all published content.
Skills and Qualifications.
- Degree in Journalism or other related advanced degree.
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience specifically in science and
- Proven experience in turning scientific and policy issues into copy and stories.
- Ability to deliver cohesive, consistent and compelling creative work and client service.
- Good project management experience and able to work within tight
- Solution focused with sound judgment, effective decision-making and
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Reliable, confident and enthusiastic with excellent organizational skills
- Active use of social media a plus.
The Production Designer is responsible for creating complete layouts of print publications. Working under the creative direction of a designer, the production designer works in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator to produce final layouts and files.
- Produce digital and print materials for WorldFish and the CGIAR Research Program on Aquatic Agricultural Systems (AAS) with creative direction provider by Designer
- Provide graphic design services for posters, banners, streamers, online branding and photo manipulation.
- Backstop Designer in publications design work.
- Provide support to other relevant activities assigned by the Director of the Division.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in in multimedia design, graphic design, visual arts or related field.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in print design production.
- Intermediate to expert ability in Adobe Design Premium suite of products
ó Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills, creative and detail oriented.
- Customer focused and good interpersonal skills, hard working with a
good work ethic.
- Ability to work to a deadline and in a fast-paced environment, follow
existing design templates and branding guidelines.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package, a non-discriminatory policy and provides an innovative work environment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit your application and the following information to Please Login or Register to apply this job online. with subject line “Name of Position applied / Candidate Name>”
latest by 1st February 2014: a letter of application including a 30o word (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role, a current curriculum vitae, names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Please visit our website at www.worldfishcenter.org for more information on the organization.
This is a national position to be based at the WorldFish office in Penang, Malaysia. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
WorldFish is committed to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.