Jawatan Kosong Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University Vacancies 2013
1.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR (1 POST) (UNISSA/FSU/080)
Fields/ Areas: Shariah
Ph.D Degree in Islamic Criminal Law, preferably with Shariah practice experience. Able to communicate in Arabic Malay and or English languages.
2. ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR (1 POST) (UNISSA/FSU/081)
Fields/ Areas: Law
Associate Professor or Professor of Law (preferably with Ph.D) with experience in giving lectures at university level, to teach law subjects; including Civil Procedure, Criminal Procedure
and Professional Practice of the common law jurisdiction, with the ability to also teach some Sharjah courses.
Knowledge of the English Language, Malay Language and IT is preferred.
3. ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR (1 POST) (UNISSA/FOU/082)
Fields/ Areas: Al-Aqidah
Ph.D Degree specializing in AI-Aqidah with 10 years experience in teaching at tertiary level research publication out of which 5 years must be at the level of Associate Professor or equivalent for the post of Professor and at least 3 years as a Senior Lecturer or equivalent for the post of Associate Professor.
4. ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR (1 POST) (UNISSA/FOU/083)
Fields/ Areas: Al-Hadith
Ph.D Degree specializing in Al-Hadith and its a sciences with ’10 years experience in teaching at tertiary level I research publication out of which 5 years must be at the level of Associate Professor or equivalent for the post of Professor
and at least 3 years as Senior Lecturer or equivalent for the post of Associate Professor. Knowledge of the English language and IT skills are preferred.
1. An Associate Professor and a Professor should have outstanding academic record of teaching, research and publication and an established international reputation.
2. Ability to teach both in Arabic and English would be an advantage. Familiarity with the usage of computers would be an added advantage.
3. Postgraduate teaching experience will be preferred.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
1. The appointment will be on a permanent basis for citizens of Brunei Darussalam. For non-citizens, appointment will be by contract for a period of three years, which is renewable subject to mutual agreement.
2. The annual salary range for the following posts is as follows:
Associate Professor : B$64,800.00
3. The academic allowances is as follows:
Professor : B$1,000.00 per month
Associate Professor : B$ 800.00 per month
4. Other benefits (for contract appointment):
a) Bonus 12 month salary for Associate Professor / Professor after each 12 months of satisfactory service.
b) Gratuity (25% of last drawn salary x 36 months at the end of the contract).
c) Education allowance and children’s passage.
d) Subsidized housing (staff contributes B$130 per month).
e) Free medical and dental services.
f) Interest-free car loan.
g) Annual leave of 48 days.
h) Passage and removal allowance.
At present there is no personal income tax in Brunei Darussalam. Application forms may be obtained from the address below or downloaded from the University website http://www.unissa.edu.bn
If you do not have access to our website www.unissa.edu.bn due to unavoidable circumstances, please request application forms via email at: Please Login or Register to apply this job online.
Completed application form together with copies of academic certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae with the names and addresses of three referees should be sent to:
Sultan Sharif All Islamic University
Jalan Pasar Baharu
NEGARA BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
(Attention: Establishment Section)
Application must reach Sultan Sharif All Islamic University by Saturday, 07 September 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and informed of details regarding interviews.